POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Render frames backwards : Re: Render frames backwards Server Time
5 Aug 2024 14:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render frames backwards
From: Tom Melly
Date: 14 Nov 2002 12:11:56
Message: <3dd3d95c@news.povray.org>
news:3dd3cc49@news.povray.org...

<snip>

Now you've got me confused. Warp proposed (or rather, he elaborated on) a
theoretical method to evenly distribute a render. You made a wrong assumption
(that the idea was for the two renders to meet at the middle frame/pixel), and
then continued to assert that the approach was "wrong", even when every effort
had been made to clear up the assumption.

I've re-read the entire thread, and, yes, I got somewhat confused about whether
you were proposing or criticising at one moment, but the point is that no one
ever proposed what you criticised - you just misunderstood what was being
proposed.

Also, the confusion on my part arose quite reasonably from this:

"You may have noticed that I gave _two_ ways to do it.  Either even and odd
frames or splitting in the middle."

Now, you don't in any way imply that you agree with me (i.e. that the two
methods won't work), you just carry on criticising Warp's proposal, and picking
up on unimportant details, such as that there may be some overlap on the final
frame.

What I'm getting at is that at no point have you said "ah, I misunderstood",
even though you evidently did.

That said, I like the proposal of checking for whether a file exists, but that
will only work where the two instances share a file-system.